More than a century of our family caring for your family.

Higgins Funeral Home Grief Recovery

In an effort to continue to meet the needs of the families we serve as well as the needs of the community, Higgins Funeral Home will offer a complimentary Grief Recovery program to provide a safe and caring environment that fosters encouragement, education, and healing for those affected by the loss of a loved one. The group will also benefit from mutual support and compassionate fellowship between individuals who have experienced similar heartache as a result of their loss.

Grief Recovery is open to anyone in our community who has suffered a loss,” says Clay Higgins of Higgins Funeral Home. “After the loss of a loved one, we experience a wide variety of feelings and emotions. The ever-changing emotions we experience with grief can catch us off guard,” added Hope DeJarnatt, Aftercare Specialist, “We all need a support system to help us as we move through our grief journey.”

Courtney Hanks, who will be facilitating “Grief Recovery” as a Licensed Graduate Social Worker, has been serving the community through counseling for approximately five years. She received her undergraduate degree in psychology from the University of Alabama in Huntsville, and her master’s degree in social work from Alabama A&M University. Her passion is working with families and helping them through difficult seasons in their lives. She specializes in grief, trauma, and family dynamics, and uses therapies such as trauma focused cognitive behavioral therapy, and emotion focused therapy to assist individuals during their time of need.

Classes will meet Thursday, March 26 at 6 p.m. in the conference room of the Lincoln County Chamber of Commerce office located at 208 Elk Avenue South. If you would like additional information please call Jayson Davis or Hope DeJarnatt at Higgins Funeral Home (931-433-2544).

2 thoughts on “Higgins Funeral Home Grief Recovery

  1. Great question! There is no time limit on ordering a VA Marker after a service member/veteran has died. We would need a copy of your loved ones military papers showing an Honorable Discharge (Form DD214 or Military Discharge Certificate/report of separation from Military Service). We have the VA Marker request forms here at Higgins Funeral Home and would be happy to complete the request for you. Please feel free to call us any time at 931-433-2544.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *